We all know the economy sucks and everyone is looking for ways to cut back and save a few bucks. My family is no different. I save a ton of money each month with coupons and other deals. I will be tracking my coupon savings weekly so you can see how I save and maybe find a deal or 2 you can use too! Be sure to check out the links on the right side of the page for more great savings inspiration. Happy Saving!



Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 2011

January was a rough month for the coupon/out of pocket percentage.
TOTAL GROCERY BILL: $498.69
TOTAL SAVED: $166.71
TOTAL OUT OF POCKET: $331.98
PERCENT SAVED: 34%

This includes $25 that I spent purchasing newspapers.
$185 of that was spent at Sam's and GFS (which don't accept coupons). So if you subtract those 2 stores from my above total it brings my percentage saved up to 59%

Also, TN has a 9.5% sales tax rate which is included in the above totals so even if I have coupons making an item free, I still have to pay the high tax rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment