We all know the economy sucks and everyone is looking for ways to cut back and save a few bucks. My family is no different. I save a ton of money each month with coupons and other deals. I will be tracking my coupon savings weekly so you can see how I save and maybe find a deal or 2 you can use too! Be sure to check out the links on the right side of the page for more great savings inspiration. Happy Saving!



Tuesday, February 08, 2011

February 2011 Week 2

I was so bummed when I got the coupon ads in Sunday's paper. I didn't even clip 25 coupons! I usually clip enough to cover almost all of my kitchen table (it's huge-seats 8), but even with the handful of coupons I clipped, it was worth the time spent. When I went to Kroger, I had to get a few rain checks, but I did score some free candy for the kids. We are definitely stocked up on candy! I like to have a little on hand to set out when we have guests, and at these prices, I couldn't pass it up! Here's what I got this week:

Kroger (spent $0 saved $11.09- This never happens here. I think there was something wrong with the register, and it was taking off the tax with the coupons so it actually said they owed me $0.41!, and the cashier was really puzzled so he just handed me my bag and told me to have a good night!)
2 single serve packs Starburst (use .50/2 coupon)
2 single serve packs Skittles (use .50/2 coupon)
4 single serve packs Mentos (use four .50 coupons)
4 bags (6 packs) Airheads (use four .50 coupons)

Walgreens (spent $10.14 saved $30.32)
1 (32 oz) bottle Walgreens Pure Honey (use in-ad coupon for $3.99 price)
2 (10 oz) bags Almond Joy Pieces (use $2/2 MQ and $2/2 WQ from February playbook)
2 (10 oz) bags Reese's Pieces (use $2/2 MQ and $2/2 WQ from February playbook)
2 (10 oz) bags York Peppermint Patty Pieces (use $2/2 MQ and $2/2 WQ from February playbook)
2 (10 oz) bags Hershey's Cookies and Cream Drops (use $2/2 MQ and $2/2 WQ from February playbook)

Adding it all up:
Total Grocery Bill $ 51.55
Total Savings $ 41.41
Total Out of Pocket $ 10.14
Percent Saved 80%

No comments:

Post a Comment